What this Statement Covers
This Statement covers the Personal Data that we collect and handle when you become our member, when you subscribe with us or when you request for our services. Where our operations are subject to privacy legislation other than that of the Hong Kong Special Administrative Region (“Hong Kong”), then this Statement shall be applied so far as practicable and consistent with such local legislation.
Collection of Personal Data
- You may be requested to provide your Personal Data when you use our products and services or when you visit our websites, such as when you subscribe to become our member, when you register an online account, when you do in-store or online shopping, when you conduct gift redemption or voucher request, when you submit any comments or feedbacks to us, and/or when you are required to verify your identity with us.
- The Personal Data that you may be requested to provide us include but are not limited to, your title, name, gender, phone number, email address, mailing address, birthday information, nationality, personal interests and favorite product categories.
- It is mandatory for you to provide certain categories of Personal Data (as specified at the time of collection). Refusal to provide any Personal Data marked as mandatory may render us unable to handle any membership application or request you are making, and we reserve the right not to provide our products or services, including refusing your membership application.
- All Personal Data will be collected on a voluntary, open and fair basis.
- Any information that we collect will be used for internal use only, and will not be disclosed to third parties.
Purpose for Collection of Personal DataCSL will collect your Personal Data for the following purposes:
- for handling your membership application, maintaining and managing your member account;
- for the provision of sales, or rewards, birthday promotion, eCoupon and services under any programs or events by CSL / its service providers (who are engaged by us to assist with providing you our services);
- for carrying out your instructions, responding to your enquiry or providing customer service to you;
- for performing investigation, research or statistical analysis in order to improve our products and services and for marketing purpose;
- with your consent, for direct marketing purpose, and for notifying you about new product, special offers and other special promotions;
- for forming part of customer data base necessary for the CSL's operation; and/or
- for observing any legal, governmental or regulatory requirements of Hong Kong or other relevant jurisdiction including any disclosure or notification requirements to which CSL or other class of data recipient are subject.
CSL will take all practicable steps to ensure that the Personal Data so collected are accurate. However, your efforts to provide accurate Personal Data upon subscription of CSL services and thereafter to update CSL of any changes of your Personal Data are always welcome.
Personal Data Sharing and Disclosure
- You further agree that we may disclose and transfer (whether in Hong Kong or abroad) your Personal Data to third party services providers engaged by us to assist with providing you with our services, including data entry, customer database management, customer contact services regarding products and services (and services providers may contact you regarding promotions, products rewards, vouchers and reward redemption, sales, ordering, refund, replacement and/or delivery), and securely disposing of your Personal Data ("Third Party Service Providers"). These Third Party Service Providers are under a duty of confidentiality to us and are only permitted to use your Personal Data in connection with the purposes specified at Clause 3 above, and not for their own purposes (including direct marketing).
- When necessary we may also disclose and transfer (whether in Hong Kong or overseas) your Personal Data to our professional advisers, franchisor, law enforcement agencies, insurers, government and regulatory and other organisations for purposes specified at Clause .3above.
- CSL may, only with your consent or with your indication of no objection, use your name, phone number, residential address and email address, to provide you with super-e membership programme details and/or marketing and promotional materials about CSL or its brands.
- We may share aggregated data, provided your identity will not be disclosed by such sharing, with third parties for various purposes (including marketing and advertising), and may use this data in order to better understand your needs and to improve and adapt our products and services.
- Any Personal Data supplied by you will be retained by us and will be accessible by our employees, any third party service providers engaged by us and third parties referred to at Clause 3.7 above, for or in relation to any of the purposes stated in Clause 3 herein.
Access and Correction
- You have the right to know:
- whether CSL holds any of your Personal Data; and
- the kind of Personal Data being held by CSL.
- You have full control and ability to correct or edit your Personal Data at any time, including whether you want us to contact you for direct marketing purpose, for updating you on new products and services or membership benefits, or for deleting your member's online account.
- In accordance with the Ordinance, we reserve the right to charge you a reasonable fee for the processing of any data access or correction request.
- You have the right to know:
Confidentiality & Security
When you provide your personal information to us, only authorized CSL staff have access right to retrieve these information for carrying out their job duties and they must comply with a set of strict guidelines on how to use these Personal Data. We use Secure Socket Layer (SSL) to encrypt your personal information before it is transmitted to us. In a bid to protect customers' data, all credit card authentication and payment authorization are handled directly by relevant banks. CSL will have no record of such data. Always remember to sign out of your account and close your browser window upon the end of each transaction. Our forced logout mechanism will ensure no one can access your personal information and correspondence.
Since no system is impenetrable and no information provided over the Internet is completely secure, therefore we cannot guarantee the security of any information that you transmit to us or receive from us over the Internet.
Retention of Personal Data
Your Personal Data will only be retained for as long as is necessary to fulfil the original purpose for which it was collected, unless contrary to any applicable statutory requirement.
Amendment to this Statement
- 9.1 We may amend this Statement from time to time. If we make any substantial amendments in the way we use your Personal Data, we will notify you by posting a prominent announcement on the membership website. You agree that such posting will constitute sufficient and adequate notice.
- 9.2 You agree that your continued use of our products or services after such amendment will constitute your acceptance of and agreement to be bound by the modified Statement.
CSL may use your name and contact information from time to time to provide you with the latest information on our products and services / member program in the following categories: food & beverages, kitchenware & homeware, beauty & cosmetics, health & wellness, clothing & accessories, jewellery, luggage & bags, electronics & electrical appliances, gadgets, stationery, sports, music, film and other entertainment We may also share your Personal Data with our group companies, affiliates and/or business partners who provide the same products and services for their direct marketing purposes. Your consent is required before we do so. If you do not wish to receive promotional information of products, services or super e member promotional materials from City Super Limited, you can login to our website or mobile application, email us via firstname.lastname@example.org or fax us at (852) 2956 0336 or call our Customer Service Hotline at (852)2736 3866 during office hours 10 am-7 pm Monday to Sunday to unsubscribe. In accordance with the statutory requirements, CSL will honour your request not to use your Personal Data for the purposes of direct marketing.
If you have any questions regarding this Statement, please email us at email@example.com.
- By signing the membership form, you agree to comply with all terms and conditions set out in the above Statement.
- In case of discrepancies between the English and Chinese versions, the English version shall apply and prevail.